Advisor to a creditor on the Company’s chapter 11 restructuring
On May 22, 2019, Elk Petroleum, Inc., and three affiliated debtors (collectively, “Elk” or the “Debtors”) filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection with a Prepackaged Plan of Reorganization (the “Plan”)
• The Debtors’ prepetition capital structure consisted approximately of the following principal balances (excludes unpaid interest and fees):
• $14.5M Revolving Credit Facility
• $55.0M Unsecured Term Loan
• $15.0M Preferred Stock
• Under the Plan, Elk eliminated approximately $216 million in debt from its balance sheet through the equitization of substantially all of the Debtors’ prepetition indebtedness other than
a $47.0 million first and $6.8 million second lien exit facility
• Elk’s Plan of Reorganization was confirmed on October 10, 2019 and the company emerged from bankruptcy on October 24, 2019
Elk Petroleum, Inc.
Elk Petroleum operates as an oil and natural gas business that specializes in applying enhanced oil recovery (“EOR”) technologies to mature oil fields, focused primarily in the Rocky Mountain region. Elk’s business focuses on the secondary and tertiary recovery phases of oil and gas production, which involves rejuvenating and redeveloping mature oil fields by using well-established EOR technologies to extend the commercial life of an otherwise depleted oil reservoir. Elk’s principal asset, the Aneth Oil Field, is located in Southeast Utah and its corporate headquarters are in Denver, Colorado
This material has been prepared solely for informative purposes as of its stated date and is not a solicitation, or an offer, to buy or sell any security. It does not purport to be a complete description of the securities, markets or developments referred to in the material. Information included in the material was obtained from external sources which we consider reliable, but we have not independently verified such information and do not guarantee that it is accurate or complete. Such information is believed to be accurate on the date of issuance of the material. No subsequent publication or distribution of this material shall mean or imply that any such information or opinion remains current at any time after the stated date of the material. We do not undertake to advise you of any changes in any such information or opinion. Additional information is available upon request.
FirstSun Capital Bancorp and HomeStreet, Inc. Announce Transformational Strategic Merger